Re: Re: Very Disturbed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on August 19, 2001 at 01:11:12:

In Reply to: Re: Very Disturbed posted by dp on August 18, 2001 at 12:41:31:

I don't think it's because of these sites. Equipment geeks have always been with us (ahem!--always been us...), but a lot of the non-pro discussion here on equipment have centered on non-pro horns and on effects not related to particular horns. Most of the discussions about the pros and cons of this PT-6, that Nirschl, or the other Yorkbrunner have been by, let's say, aspiring pros.

The York Master was the first horn I've ever bought that I obained because it had a better sound than what I had been playing. Before that, I have always bought the horn that made it easiest for me to hit the notes written on the music in the folder. Period. These are not the motivations of the folks on the audition circuit, but they are the primary motivations of most folks without formal training who do this solely for fun.

But I think your other factors are dead on, including the particularly American penchant for trying to accomplish technologically what hasn't been done in the practice room.

Rick "who wonders why fat weekend cyclists buy $5000 aerodynamic ultra-light bicycles" Denney

Follow Ups: