Re: Re: Re: Re: Miraphone "Premium" questions PLEASE!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Philip Rushing on August 25, 2001 at 18:14:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Miraphone "Premium" questions PLEASE! posted by Steve Inman on August 25, 2001 at 17:03:32:

Guys, this BBS is incredible! My history--Jr. College music major in early 70's, til I realized I was NOT proficient enough to make a living in that field. Got out and haven't touched a tuba since '77. My wife bought me an old beat up Besson baritone for father's day last year, & I have been trying, but just not connecting. My daughters are both starting band this year, and my city is starting a community band, so I was in the market & while in music store saw this gorgeous horn I have spoken of. Owner gives me a schpiel about it being a demo, and I look at the price ($5K) and that's out of my range. He said it was 8 grand retail. I came back & test drove it the next day with some Blazhevik (sp?) books & fell in love. The absolute nicest playing horn I have ever played (BUT I am from Mississipi)That's when I started looking for its actual worth. Another store had 2 old old beat up Bessons for $2K, and it was that much better than those horns. As I could not find anything on the net about this horn, I went back to the store, and the repairman told me it had been completley overhauled & he thought it was about 30 y/o. That is how I came up with that age. I will check Monday for key. I have learned more about tubas in the last 3 days than I learned in 2 years of college! Thanks guys!

Follow Ups: