Re: Cleansing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on August 26, 2001 at 11:05:41:

In Reply to: Cleansing posted by Joshua Cutchin on August 26, 2001 at 10:40:40:

I remember talking to the tuba specilist at Osmun a little over a year ago, and he mentioning them trying to bring in a ultrasound cleaning tank. This would be an enviromentally friendly alternative to chem-cleaning plus it is supposed to do an excellent job. However, I have no idea if anyone has one up and running, but it is definitely worth checking out. My advice is however, if you are cleaning a horn on a once a year basis, take it to a reputable repair guy who does this and put some money into the economy through his hands. This will help you establish a good rapport with the guy/gal in case of the unfortunate event that something bad should happen to your horn. Hopefully, this person remembers you and your business and will try to put you on a priority list and do a good job for you.
Remember, this is just my take on horn cleaning. I would rather pay a small amount (approx. 100-150 bucks which isn't much for a once a year thing) and have someone with skill do this and the proper tools than a clumsy clod like myself. But to each his own.

Matt G

Follow Ups: