Re: Re: CC/G double tuba - possible/desirable?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on August 26, 2001 at 15:31:27:

In Reply to: Re: CC/G double tuba - possible/desirable? posted by Eric on August 26, 2001 at 13:47:42:

Eric,

According to Dr. Young, I probably misunderstood what Dietrich was talking about making anyway. My thought was this: If he was making a BBb/F double tuba, then a CC/G double tuba would keep the same pattern of fingerings and alternative choices, etc. I'm someone who has a much stronger low range than high range, and would like to have something that gives me even more security in the high range without having to work thousands of hours at it - I simply don't have that kind of time to dedicate to it. As a tubaist, I'm purely a hobbyist at this point of life. I'm also amateurishly interested in the, "one horn fits all situations" topic, and want to get away from the idea that every hack, amateur tubaist who also wants to be able to play solos and high stuff, has to own two horns like the pros do. For the mean time, I'll keep hacking away on my B&H eefer. It's been fun to revisit "Effie Suite" and "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun" - away from the ears of others.

Barry

Follow Ups: