Re: Re: Yes, they do have an effect...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson-For Everyone on August 28, 2001 at 20:48:44:

In Reply to: Re: Yes, they do have an effect... posted by js on August 28, 2001 at 20:34:47:

Joe, we have been allies on these kinda things before, but I have to admit, I put them on my 641. It was great horn before, but now it slots better, holds together when I play loud, and has centered a somewhat out of focus low register. I have had real time experience, too. The first set of concerts at the festival this year was New World and Barber's 2nd Essay. Horn played well, recording was good, no Monsterweights. Second was Mahler 1. The difference was astounding. The sound was incredibly focused, loud, soft with great presence and THERE!!!! Granted, I played the first low F and the little solo in the 3rd Movement on F, but everything else on the blower. There was a marked difference. I play all my horns on an ancient 24AW and didn't do anything different. It was nice to see the Principal Viola(a member of a major symphony) make a bee-line to me after the first rehearsal and say what a difference he heard in the PRESENCE of the sound. It literaaly jumps out of the horn. I am sold on these things. Yes, they are heavy and my legs felt weird, but an extra amount of time at the gym lifting took care of that. I know I have probably lost you forever, but the damn things work for me. And, Dale, there is no problem with my horn tipping. I guess that's because I refuse to put it on the bell. You may want to try them, never know. I do draw the line at lead tape though. Have Peace. Oh, yeah, Mark, if you see this, where are my little gee-gaws for the open holes? :)

Follow Ups: