Re: Re: Conn New Model 56J 18"bell

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryan Pollock on August 30, 2001 at 13:23:49:

In Reply to: Re: Conn New Model 56J 18"bell posted by Philip Moore on August 30, 2001 at 09:37:19:

I wanted to start playing again after a long lay off. My evaluation of the horn is great. Very good intonation, nice open sound, I liked the 18" better then the 20" 56J. I thought it was a little clearer and when I put them up to a sound meter I didn't notice much of a difference with the same amount of effort. That aside I live in the Baltimore Washington area and there are not a lot of playing opps. around here unless your a Military guy. I don't think I would fair to well in auditions with my lack of experience and not really being connected. I made my bed years ago with getting mixed up in drugs. So to any young Tubist out there that might be reading this....talent alone will get you nowhere. I was problably one of the hottest young prospects out there. I decided getting high and screwing around were more important. So if your getting high take a good look at yourself and be honest. Life is short and there is no tommorow, and in your field, talent has to be developed through hard work and networking. So fly straight and don't burn your bridges.

Follow Ups: