new 2341's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on August 31, 2001 at 10:51:05:

I ordered a new 2341 after trying one. The music company that does my school rental program gave me a good competitive price, and I took advantage of the opportunity. I felt good until I heard the price of the case. Needless to say, I ended up ordering the horn without the case.

The store representative told me about the conversation he had with the UMI representative. In that conversation, the case was praised as being one of the finest things in the world; it being on par with many of the advanced technological gadgets of the day. For $800.00, it should be able to microwave my lunch while I teach class.

As I will be looking for a much better price, (yes, my store rep did try to make a good deal with his offer, but it isn't good enough at this time), I wonder if someone else in the tuba world has already found the perfect fitting alternative.

I do realize that the horn is barely in the market, and there are probably not enough of them out to have a good opinion formed, but if you list gig bags, tell me the model or
size.

Thanks

Tom

Follow Ups: