Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations, Mason D.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee Stofer on August 14, 2002 at 07:51:46:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations, Mason D. posted by Kevin on August 14, 2002 at 01:50:17:

Congratulations to Mason D. on a job well done. To detractors, don't knock it 'til you've done it, and have done it well. Also, let's not categorically knock marching bands. A significant number of the professional tuba players in the US, and most professional euphonium players in the US, are in military bands, which means they earn a significant part of their living in a professional marching band. During my military career, I spent more time in the rehearsal hall and concert hall than on the parade field or main street, but those times outdoors were really special and fulfilling, too. I was there, playing for President Reagan in Berlin, just minutes before he told Secretary Gorbachov of the Soviet Union to "Tear down that Wall". On the 50th anniversary of D-Day, I was in Army Dress Blues with my trusy 20K sousaphone, marching down Omaha Beach at Normandy, playing for most of the world's heads of state and every news network in the world. I was proud to be an American soldier, and proud to be in a world-class marching band.
Lee Stofer
Master Sergeant, USA (Ret)

Follow Ups: