Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner Euph.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Martin Cochran on August 28, 2002 at 12:24:03:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner Euph. posted by Too Tuba like on August 28, 2002 at 11:03:42:

I've played the exclusive for a few years now, switched from a 2900, and it has been wonderful for me. It definately is not for everyone, though. If you find that you move a lot of wind this horn can be very good to you. However, I do agree that for many the horn is too dark. I play on an sm4, anything larger would severly limit my ability to play lighter colors on the instrument. I've found that I've had to work hard on my breath control and efficiency to create these colors. However, the projection on this instrument is unparalleled in my opinion. Whether you play with a bright or dark sound, it will definately sound full and resonant on this horn. The tuning has also been much better than my experience with the willson, though my air is also better. One thing I did notice is that now when I pick up a smaller horn, I sound much bigger than before. To sum up, this horn is definately on the large end of the spectrum, if you're looking for something more in the middle with a more flexible sound, the Yamaha Custom is my personal favorite, and about $1300 less than the exclusive at the moment. Hope this helps!

Martin Cochran

Follow Ups: