Re: Re: Re: Total Commitment by a tuba player

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Al G. on August 29, 2002 at 20:12:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Total Commitment by a tuba player posted by Geo.B on August 29, 2002 at 08:28:09:

OK, Geo.B. Maybe it's me. But, other than the fact it's a picture of a Sousaphone player carrying an M-60 in BDU's, what has this to do with Tuba? Please don't say that I don't get it, because I have spent my time in the Division Bands (proudly), ready to be called up - which is the same as your 'total commitment', I just didn't get the priviledge (or sentence) to be called to combat. It was only a few months after I left CAV that the band was called to Bosnia. Though not Saudi, Vietnam, Korea, or any of those places, it was still not a good place to go. Not to mention my time at 10th MTN. So, just because some of us have never seen combat, we are/were willing just the same amount as your total commitment dude. Now, I suggest that you get off of you horse, stop cluttering Sean's list, and let's duke this out via email. Do you get that?

And one last thing, I realize that your posts may not be directed to the many current and former bandsmen, it's not cool at all to throw it back in the faces of the people you "proudly" fought for. After all, that's what you were held responsible for during your time in the service. You did whether you were drafted or not and they didn't. (if you volunteered, I'm embarassed to have something I'm proud of in common with you!!) So give it a rest!!

Al G.

Follow Ups: