Re: U.S. Army Field Band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on August 31, 2002 at 15:15:56:

In Reply to: U.S. Army Field Band posted by Will Hess on August 31, 2002 at 13:16:10:

It has been a while since I was in the military, but one thing you can count on is this: The band is on the road alot. They are the premeire touring unit of the US Army. I don't know if they go out as often as they did, but it is still a heavy travelling commitment. The band is fabulous. As for side duties, I am not sure. I would assume you would have loading/unloading duties while on the road. I assume they still have a complete administrative complement to oversee the daily running of the band unlike most field units where you have collateral duties(supply, training, ops, library). Playing in an Army band, any Army band is a great. albeit, regimined way of life. PLEASE ask yourself this question: How do I look. I know it sounds trivial, but if you are overweight, it MIGHT count against you. How you look in uniform is VERY important to the military. Don't let it be the end all decision for you, anyone can lose weight to meet the regs. I cannot say it enough, playing in a military band is a great way of life. I did it for 11 years and had another calling. If I didn't have the opportunities to teach and conduct, I would still be playing "American Soldier" and loving every minute of it.

Follow Ups: