Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jazz Transcription site (yes! Free!)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony on August 06, 2003 at 17:31:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jazz Transcription site (yes! Free!) posted by Joe Baker on August 06, 2003 at 06:50:25:

My community service and chemical dependency evaluation(which I've completed and no further action was deemed necessary) were the sentence for the theft(singular) of the sousaphone mentioned in my initial post, and for which I've accepted full responsibility. I did not follow standard procedure for checking that instrument out, and for that I am paying the consequences. Did I try to sell that instrument? No. On all other allegations I received a "deferred judgement", as Det. Bergson stated. What that means is it will not be recorded as a "conviction", and will be dismissed once I have completed my obligations to the court. If you wish to verify this with Det. Bergson or anyone else, I welcome you to do so, and even welcome you to post his reply on this board- despite my earnest wish to leave this in the past.

I do not wish to embark on a game of police-semantics, as I've done enough of that over the past few months. It is an unfortunate shortcoming of mine that I lack the ability to make a statement that is semantically accurate, but implies something very different- though I do not view this as a loss, even if it means I will probably never be elected to a public office. If anyone wishes to question my integrity, or even the origins of the instruments I have for sale(past, present, future) I welcome them to do so. It is your right to form your own opinion, and I will respect whatever opinion you form- and even your right to share that opinion with others. I appreciate the fact that you are doing what you believe is right, and I appreciate the mostly mature manner in which you are doing it.

Anthony

Follow Ups: