Re: Sousaphone Mishaps

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Also stretching it on August 09, 2003 at 19:33:39:

In Reply to: Sousaphone Mishaps posted by Steve K on August 07, 2003 at 21:13:27:

This is a story from the past year I did in FSU's Marching Chiefs. My primary instrument is euphonium, but I decided to play tuba because it was something I wanted to do. At the FSU/UF game at the end of the year, Flush (tubas) and Big 8 (drumline) were all dismissed just before half time to go get our stadium sousaphones. I grabbed my mouthpiece, as did everyone else in Flush and we all started to head down to the room where the horns were stored. On the way down, the fifth bass drum knocked over the Long Ranger which was mounted on top of a post. I didn't know it fell over until I was hit. I was going to go ahead and do half time until I was told I was bleeding and then saw the paramedics instead. I went to the hospital during the third quarter and needed 18 staples on the right side of my head to close the wound. I spent the next week being called Staples and Frankenstein and still have a small scar. I found it funny at the time and still find it pretty funny.

Follow Ups: