Re: Re: HighSchool Tuba here..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jacob Morgan on August 10, 2003 at 20:20:37:

In Reply to: Re: HighSchool Tuba here.. posted by LV on August 10, 2003 at 18:46:29:

Last yr i had weekly private lessons froma student Of Arkansas Tech.. He was pretty good, he was 1st chair there.. I didn't notice him having any better tone then i do. He could play higher easier then i could at that time. but im much better bout that now :) back then that 2 octave Bb scale was near impossible to me.. hehe i began and ended on the same note.. no promises inbetween ;)

anyway... he told me i wsa better then some of the tubas they had, but again when people tell me stuff like this one on one i kindly take it with a grain of salt cause most people like to tell u nice things rather then. well that sucked and u need to work on this this and this..

I might get lessons again this yr, i dunno. One of my directors was killed this yr (AT) band camp sooo im not sure how high up all region private lessons is gonna rank this yr (small school, we only have 2 directors period..).

I have the getchell and woodrift books, i can get throught pretty much all of em, just randomly pick a page.. its not anywhere near quality grade but its bareable..

Just wish i had some 'good' tubas in my band to play with... be so much more fun.. instead of .. "blat blat blat blat... wrong note.. blat blat blat.. wrong notes... repeat.."

Follow Ups: