Re: Re: Re: Poll: other music style preference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Winton on August 14, 2003 at 10:48:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Poll: other music style preference posted by Hmmmm, why? on August 14, 2003 at 07:36:32:

Yes, you're being overly sensitive. I find that people in America take things personally a little too often when it comes to race.

I want you to understand that I get tired as well of hearing "Oh, you mean (c)rap?" constantly from people who are ignorant of the positive aspects of rap. It gets on your nerves when you constantly hear that, along with rap = black, so if you don't like rap, you're racist against black people. Oh oops, sorry, African Americans for those of you that takes things personally. (Mr. Baker, just to let you know, I'm not going against you. Just making a point to the general public) I know what you mean about the racism deal. A lot of people get out of hand with that. But there is a lot of racism that is STILL going on right now that people don't know. I for one went through a little of it when I was younger living in Japan. And that is aside from the stuff that goes on in California, New York, Alabama, etc.

Anyways, with that said, I understand that it is really too bad that rap has a bad wrap from all the pop rap musicians. Rap, believe it or not, is very powerful when it comes to communicating to people how you feel. Hence why pop rap is helping to produce and encourage lotta crap that's going on in our youth. But hey, what about heavy, death, and black metal? That stuff is pretty bad too.

-W

Follow Ups: