Re: Re: Re: Poll: other music style preference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by euphgirl on August 15, 2003 at 15:56:58:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Poll: other music style preference posted by Joe Baker on August 15, 2003 at 13:37:25:

Hence the reason I said "THE REST OF IT just makes me want to dance", which is what I was talking about enjoying. It seems that you're only reading what you want to see and criticize. And as far violent music causing violent behavior, I completely disagree. The violence only comes about when it was there in the first place. The sad fact is that most of the kids listening to inappropriate music have no idea what many of the words mean, and they have no parental guidance to tell them that it is inappropriate and they should not be listening to it.

My grandparents also went to a one-room schoolhouse, where my great-aunt had her knuckles bloodied every day for trying to write with her left hand. I don't think expressing oneself artistically was a big factor back then.

And by the way, I have tons of "good kids" who listen to rap. It is just unfortunate that a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

Follow Ups: