Re: Multi-track Recording

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by joe exley on August 20, 2003 at 11:12:02:

In Reply to: Multi-track Recording posted by dave on August 17, 2003 at 12:41:26:

Record directly into PC -- go with Cool Edit PRO 2.0 or Nuendo. I recently did some studio work with my band and we recorded into Nuendo and it was FANTASTIC. We just went thru a preamp box directly into the computer -- no outboard anything and the results were amazing (they had either protools or nuendo and I chose nuendo)

I personally use Cool Edit Pro for editing etc and have used it to record some multi track stuff on my own. It is not any harder than getting used to using a separate machine -- any way you do it, you will have to learn some of the ins and outs of it. Dont be intimidated -- there are many good books on it -- one being PC Audio Editing by Roger Derry, published by Focal Press which deals with detailed ins and outs of Cool Edit Pro.

While Mac-o-philes will swear up and down that Pro Tools is the best (often times the plugins are great) but dont let that sway you, your computer does not have to match the fashion of your shirt :)
Cool Edit Pro is the industry standard in Radio and in Europe. (It was just bought by Adobe now, hopefully they wont mess it up)

Also, Nuendo records in actual 32 bit (protools is only 16 I think) so the sound resolution is better -- I was really happy with this Nuendo recording. It turned out well!

good luck...

joe

Follow Ups: