Re: Re: Sousaphone Tips

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by umm on August 22, 2003 at 17:44:13:

In Reply to: Re: Sousaphone Tips posted by Steve in Dallas on August 22, 2003 at 16:42:49:

I was a pretty small guy when i started tuba.. it was just about as tall as I.. quite a funny site..

First time I played shoulder did get really sore, even tho this was a fiberglass tuba..

I just kept goin, and it got over with.. now i use a 20k conn(metal) which weighs much more and i stand during all practices, mainly so when we start marching im not getting sore then, i'll have enuf worries memorizing my music and marching..

if it was me, tho you may be in more pain then i was.. i'd suck it up and keep goin.. it'll get better.

But if you have a condition that affects you already by marching.. then Tuba isn't for you..IMO..you'll struggle with this and may end up injuring yourself needlessly..I'd confront your director and let he/she look at you before you continue to play this.

o and bring home a concert horn, instead of hauling a sousa back and forth from school, just bring your MP/music man.. much easier..

Follow Ups: