Re: Re: Interlochen?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris B on August 25, 2003 at 01:03:24:

In Reply to: Re: Interlochen? posted by Brian Frederiksen on August 24, 2003 at 15:17:11:

I, too am both a camp and IAA alum. I think I woudl have wanted to go to HS where Brian did so I could drive back to my aprtment and drink beers, too :)

Interlochen is great, VERY intense and extremely competetive and you are not allowed a social life with the opposite sex to speak of, but if you thrive on competition, intellectual challenges and the most amazing musical experiences ever, it is the place for you. VERY cold in the winter (I can remember -35 days, but beautiful). Serioulsy rural area, so few big city ammenities. I would not trade my years there for anything. University of Michigan was a let down in many ways (well, except for the beer drinking :) ) compared to the experience of IAA. The single greatest long term musical experience of my life, and I am not a young person any more. If you can;t handle pressure, stay home. If you go, be prepared to be challenged and stimulated 24/7.

I have no knowledge of the current instructors, but can answer any questions you may have about the experiences and the pluses and minuses of going to IAA.

Follow Ups: