Re: Re: Re: Mirafone tubas (cc)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on August 25, 2003 at 11:59:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Mirafone tubas (cc) posted by Rick Denney on August 24, 2003 at 14:33:51:

Rick,
Few would argue with you that the 186 is one of the best, if not the best, general-use horns available. Few could argue that the 186 is durable, very playable, and good value. Part of that good value is its ability to hold its value, as you have discussed before. The 186 has continually proven itself over a long period of time. Facts are facts, and they are difficult to deny. No horn is perfect, and the 186 may not be one's personal favorite (I've owned a 186 CC and 188 CC), but I have a really hard time finding fault with the 186 BBb or CC line of horns. If I had to buy a CC or Bbb horn, and I could not test it first or return it afterward, I would have to purchase a Mirafone 186. I would rather have a 188, but the 186 is one of the most consistently constructed line of horns on the market. If I had to make a blind recommendation, it would be for a 186. If you had to sell it in a few years, you won't lose your rear on it. BTW, I don't work for Mirafone. I don't currently own a Mirafone, and don't plan on buying one (I would like to try a 181 though).
Doc (who knows that, with Rick, he's preaching to the choir)

Follow Ups: