Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba metallurgics, carbon sousas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodgigs on August 26, 2003 at 00:22:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba metallurgics, carbon sousas posted by Art H on August 25, 2003 at 23:03:26:

Deat Art,
First your last question. When I played it on the Washington D.C. tour of 1996 it weighed thirteen pounds. It only had three valves. Yes a three valved CC tuba !
Still it was a far cry from when chuck Dallenbach played it.
The night We traded horns (Yes I played the infomous carbon fiber Getsen) It had a bottom bow far too big for it as well as the third branch on which I wore out a bic lighter oresizing. I wore out a total of three lighters re-bending almost that entire tuba.
Now for the good news, This horn now has a forth valve that I took off another cluster. the first three are .740" and the forth is .750" it PLAYS VERY WELL - it just dosn't sound like a brass horn. It's not as bad as a fiberglass sousaphone because it's vibrational overring is just line a good horn. My current horn Is supper easy to play.
I must say that your right on the money about the small tubing being the most critical. It is. That has bin where all My hard work has bin directed. But if you ever make it to Santa Cruz Ca., come on by. I'll let you toot to your hart's content.
I an SO complimented by your interest !
Yours truly Brian "Goodgigs" Kane

Follow Ups: