Re: Need gregson concerto piano part ASAP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob Joles on August 27, 2003 at 20:35:47:

In Reply to: Need gregson concerto piano part ASAP!!! posted by Matt Buck on August 27, 2003 at 19:55:05:

I feel for your situation, Matt. However, I can't understand why, if as you say this is a very important audition, that your parents won't help you out with buying another piano part/score to the Gregson Concerto!? I can only surmise that you feel that as long as someone else has bought their own copy it won't hurt anyone to fax you the first movement. But it does hurt many people: the composer, the publisher and whomever bought the copy you wish to pirate.

So if things are to go as you want someone is going to either make a xerox copy of each page of the piano part to fax to you or (and this seems to be a the least likely option) tear out or cut the pages from their piano part to send to you via the fax machine.

I think you would be better off somehow finding the funds to purchase another copy of the piano part to the concerto rather than what you have proposed above. BTW, did you actually buy your own copy of this piece to begin with or did you just xerox someone else's copy?

I'm sorry to be what some may consider harsh but what you ask is akin to theft, plane and simple. I hope you'll make the right choice. Your entire future will be shaped by what steps you take next.

Good luck,
Bob

Follow Ups: