Re: CC and BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SHS Tubamaster on August 30, 2003 at 00:21:54:

In Reply to: CC and BBb posted by jmk on August 29, 2003 at 00:35:47:

I find this slightly confusing, much like previous posters, but here is what I make of this. You think that you are making yourself a better player by changing the key of your horn, playing with"unfamiliar fingerings," and looking at the music, along with the fact that hitting yourself with other stupid challenges will somehow improve your playing. You don't have to TRANSPOSE to learn CC tuba, you just have to apply the new fingerings to the same music. It isn't harder to play BBb tuba, and there are no "probable issues with sound and intonation" associated with them. You don't need experience to play BBb horns well, and CC tuba is not any easier to play.Second carp-THESE TWO KEYS OF HORN DON'T SOUND ANY DIFFERENT! Most HS students seem to be deluded into thinking that a CC horn will make them sound better, and you end up contradicting yourself in the end of the post, because you seem to be playing CC in the belief that you will become a better player. And yes, I'm still in HS. I play a Miraphone 187 BBb, my personal horn, and do much better than most HS players in my area.

SHS"what was your point in posting, anyway?"Tubamaster

Follow Ups: