Re: Re: Re: CC and BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jason on August 30, 2003 at 15:16:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: CC and BBb posted by jmk on August 29, 2003 at 17:51:54:

the bashing i expected to get. if u cant read what i write, then dont read it. i think my posts are clear. if u dont understand that a "u" is for "you" and an r is for "are" or any of the other simple ways i write, than dont even bother reading anything else in ur lifetime. i use correct writing techniques when they r needed, and an informal forum is not a place that needs it.
if u r a high school player and dont plan to continue tuba playing after only 4 years, then y would u spend from $3000-$8000 on a horn that u r only going to try to resell or keep in an attic and never play???? if ur school horns r unplayable (and i do mean unplayable), then maybe i would understand buying a horn for $500-$2000 maybe at the most. but why waste so much money if u rnt going to play for more than a couple of years?? there are many expenses in life that require that type of money. unless ur rich, save ur money and play the horns that are provided.
and just because u dont plan on playing after college or high school doesnt mean that u rnt serious about it now. i know a GREAT high school euphonium player who just would not have the time in college to pick up her euph. does that mean she isn't serious?? no it doesnt! she is involved in the all state program, first chair in the wind ensemble that the school offers, plays in an extracurricular band program put together by Dr. Conrad, and even is section leader in her marching band. so im not saying that just becuase u dont plan on playing forever, u rnt serious about it.
and CLK, cmon now. what does a 5th valve do for you???? have u even played with a 5th before??? unless u r perfect with 3 or 4 valves, then 5th can do a lot for you. it gives u more possibilities for better tuning. it helps with pedal tones. it is another "tool" in a players book to use whenever needed. i also did say that i know there are 5 valved Bbs out there. dont repeat what im saying. there arent many fo those, and u cant argue with that. and im being reasonable, not haughty. "Playing CC doesn't get you more involved in the tuba world, it just puts you up there with the myriad of players who play CC". now i am going to post a couple of statements out of my post. "learning CC" "mainly talking about switching ". my postshave been about going from Bb to CC, and still even being able to play Bb because of learning the ability to switch back and forth from differnet keyed instruments. i was not talking about CC players who just play CC, have always played CC, and hang out with people who just play CC (haha, that would be kind of funny) so what are you talking about????

Follow Ups: