Re: Bell Dent

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moises M. Carrasco on December 07, 1998 at 22:56:39:

In Reply to: Bell Dent posted by max on December 07, 1998 at 17:05:17:

Max- the knife like device is called a burnisher. It usually has a flat side and a semi-circular side. It can be used on its own, or with a mandrel behind it. Some repairs shops alos have a dent roller which essentially does the same thing except that it has a pedal to extert pressure on the metal against the mandrel. Dent hammers are also used on smaller dents. I wouldn't recommend a novice trying to remove dents on an expensive horn. You may make it worse! Especially if the instrument is of thin metal. Try taking it to a repair shop. They should charge less than $50.00 US if it is minor.

Moises M. Carrasco, Trombone Maker

Follow Ups: