Re: convertable tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James on December 14, 1998 at 19:24:34:

In Reply to: convertable tuba posted by Johnny on December 14, 1998 at 12:54:34:

I have a G50 and the extenders have nothing to do with the change over. The extenders are just interchangeble 5 valve slides. One being the flat whole step and the other being the 2 whole step. It is a CC tuba, making it a BBb is done by taking the 5th valve apart and fliping it so it remains open. All it is, is playing a CC tuba with the 5th held down the whole time. Which makes for a stuffier BBb with bad intonation. But the G50 as a CC tuba is a fabulous horn, and gave me incentive to learn CC fingerings.

Follow Ups: