Re: deep survey

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by T. J. Ricer on December 16, 1998 at 00:21:30:

In Reply to: deep survey posted by gary on December 15, 1998 at 16:51:42:

Music is part of me. I find it difficult to explain.
I can't imagine my life without it and I can't imagine anything else I would rather do that make music, that is why I chose to pursue it. It is more than something that you just hear, it gets inside of you and becomes a feeling or becomes part of you. Being able to make music that becomes a part of another person in my opinion is a big part of being a great performer.
Music is always a challenge: The more you learn the more you can see that you do not know. . . If you are the best there is someone out there working hard to become even better, and there is no limit to what you can do with music. No matter how great of a tubist you are there is always something that could be better. . . And even if you are the best you must continue to practice just to keep from losing those abilities and one of lifes problems is that no matter what you do, the ability to make music will eventually dicline and cease when your life does.
Music is not everlasting, even with recordings something is lost. Music happens and it changes the world it is in, but it ends and must be created again in the future by you another day, by other musicians, and years down the road by other generations of musicians. It changes and grows, one cannot give the same performance twice.

There are so many other ideas in my head, but I've taken up to much of the boards space as it is. . . Thanks for reading my ramblings. . . I know I strayed from the original question some. There is no specific answer to why I love music, I just love it more than anything else I have ever experienced.

---T. J. Ricer

Follow Ups: