Re: Re: Re: Re: What is an adjustable gap reviever?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on December 18, 1998 at 00:34:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: What is an adjustable gap reviever? posted by Kelly O'Bryant on December 17, 1998 at 17:51:55:

I thought I would throw in my 2 cents about the receiver also. I am always skeptical when someone says they can add a widget to a horn and have dramatic improvements. I usually file those types of statements in my same drawer as tone rings, $300 mouthpieces, and acoustic coils. I had an opportunity to try out, granted at a conference booth, a horn which had this Adjustable Gap Receiver installed. The thing absolutelly floored me. The design is fairly simple and easy to use AND it produces dramatic results. If you have a mouthpiece or horn which is a bit inflexible with articulations, then give the AGR a try. It doesn't make slight changes which are quickly bypassed by mental concepts automatically altering the body to adhere to a pre-trained norm. This thing makes such a huge difference that it redefines an instrument's response.

I don't have one on any of my horns because of logistics and I don't believe the process is easily reversed if, for whatever reason, it looses it luster to me after a few months of continued use. I wouldn't be surprised if I do get one installed soon though.

sean

Follow Ups: