Re: What's wrong with BBb Tubas?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Seip on December 12, 1999 at 17:39:14:

In Reply to: What's wrong with BBb Tubas? posted by T on December 12, 1999 at 17:21:56:

Absolutely nothing. Some people have gotten it into their heads that BBb tubas are "unprofessional" or something along those lines, and refuse to have anything to do with them. Other people have tried another key of tuba, and simply prefer that to BBb. Some, like myself, have tried other keys, and have found a neat compromise in the Getzen G50, although that won't necessarily work for everyone. It all comes down to what works for you. One person posted on your CC thread that CCs have better tone and more clarity of articulation. I have no doubt that that is true--for him. For myself, and others, I have better sound and clarity of articulation on a BBb. The best thing you can do is look at as many different tubas as possible, play them all, and find the one that works for you, while taking what any salesman has to say with a grain of salt. The only guy I have dealt with who doesn't automatically try to sell you something you may or may not have tried or even like is David Fedderly, who I bought my horn from. Some salesmen will try to sell you a horn right away. You should listen to what people say, but base your final decision on what you have played.

Follow Ups: