Re: Re: BBb 5th or 6th valve?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on December 15, 1999 at 10:10:20:

In Reply to: Re: BBb 5th or 6th valve? posted by Bruce on December 15, 1999 at 09:44:08:

If you want to add a 5th valve on your Cervany 601 I can give you the procedure I used. When I bought my CC 601, they didn't offer it with 5 valves, only 4. I remember having a big argument, through translator George Seger at Geneva Corp., with the chairman of Cervany. I was trying to convince him to offer the 601 with 5 valves if he wanted to sell some horns. Ultimately, after much wrangling, he said that 4 valves was how those tubas were made, period. You can imagine my chagrin when I opened up a Brasswind catalog years later and saw that they were finally offering the 601 with 5 valves. Anyhow, I ordered the neccesary parts from the factory and everything works great and looks stock. I would guess that the procedure will work just fine on the BBb 601 unless the design is radically different. One of my students had a BBb 601 a few months ago and the procedure would have worked on that horn. Contact me if you're interested.

Follow Ups: