Re: Re: M. Weston 2000 tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on December 22, 1999 at 23:02:12:

In Reply to: Re: M. Weston 2000 tubas posted by Joe S. on December 22, 1999 at 21:25:19:

Hey Joe,
I'm not sure I noticed the problem notes you mentioned. Everyone is different and will prefer a different style of tuba based upon how they play. I'm at home playing equally mediocre on piston or rotor. ;-) Seriously though, the 2000 seemed more slotted and secure than even an exceptional (to me)2155. The rare 2155 that I didn't like just needed a little extra TLC in the main tuning slide. True story: Chris Hall and Steve Johns stopped in one day. Out of courtesy, they play tested 3, 2155's for me. Great guys and musicians. We all agreed on the pick of the 3. The next 2 customers who bought 2155's, picked one of the other 2 as the best tuba for them. Listening to them each play, I had to agree on their choices. So regardless of what I think about a certain make or model, whatever works for each player, is what is important. That kid asking about the St Pete versus Cerveny 693. If he played several different tubas and liked the St Pete best, go for it! Some people honestly can't see and feel the difference between a Hyundai and a BMW. They will be perfectly happy in a Hyundai and what more really matters? I love my Chevy Malibu and wouldn't trade it for a new BMW with it's tiny trunk. Tuba and fishing poles, you know. Have a good Holiday everybody.

Follow Ups: