Re: Majoring in Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Summa cum Laude - you can, too. on December 24, 1999 at 21:42:13:

In Reply to: Majoring in Music posted by J on December 22, 1999 at 03:15:19:

I usually was signed up for three ensembles per semester for credit and played a lot of recording sessions and other gigs, too. I wasn't a party animal, I was a practice animal and, toward the last several weeks of each semester, a study animal.

I went to summer school EVERY summer ("Pre-Summer", "Summer 1", and "Summer 2"), even the summer BEFORE my first official fall semester. I did this at the advice of a pre-med one-year-older friend. He taught me to take all of my English, History, Math, and other more academically-oriented courses in the summer, and concentrate on my major field during the two main semesters, perhaps mixed in with the b.s. (That does NOT stand for "Bachelor of Science".) non-major courses.

Avoid taking advice from (or hanging around with) people who "just don't quite seem to make it" or who have a negative attitude. Again, success is your business, while working on your degree.

Have some fun during your 3-4 years at college, but spend most of your energies on achievement and excellence. There is no place on your resume for "beer", nor "boodie".

Follow Ups: