Re: IMHO and :>)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Griff on December 28, 1999 at 21:16:19:

In Reply to: IMHO and :>) posted by Billy Bob Hick on December 28, 1999 at 19:30:53:

Dear Hickmeister,
In the cyber field, IMHO generally refers to the anagram, "In My Honest Opinion."
The other disgustingly cute symbol that you refer to is also another cyber label. It is a "smiley face" flipped 90 degrees to the left(as there are currently no "smiley face" keys on the keyboard, this is the only way of creating one.) Who invented this? I'm not sure; probably the same guy that started that same craze of a simley face on a bright yellow t-shirt in 1980(for references, see Forrest Gump). The caption read, "Have a Nice Day!" The inventor was probably a misplaced laborer who lost his job to a computer in the late 70's. The same guy was probably replaced in the mid 90's due to downsizing....IMHO
There are common variations of said smiley face. You happen to be referring to the Barbara Streisand smiley face(notice the shape of the nose-it's like butter!). Other variations are:

The Standard Smiley Face :)

The Standard Mad Face :(

The Charlie Brown Smiley Face :^)

The Cynical Smiley Face ;^)

The Tammy Faye Baker Face ;^(

The Barbara Streisand Face :>)
(previously mentioned)

The Lustful/Desiring Face :^)~

The Drunk/Passed out Face +^)

If there are fellow BBS'ers out there who know more smiley faces, send 'em my way.

LOL

Follow Ups: