Re: Concert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on December 02, 2000 at 00:25:11:

In Reply to: Concert posted by Jason Baker on December 01, 2000 at 23:58:09:

Knock 'em dead on the Grainger!!! :-)

Jon Clouser (Principal Bassoonist - Cleveland Orch. - "fairly" big solo in the "Rite of Spring" concert that you recently attended ;^) is a very good friend of mine. When my kid auditioned for the C.I., Jon picked her up at the airport, and she stayed in his home. Argueably, he is one of an elite handful of the world's top bassoonists - yet he is a very modest person and "toots his own horn" only with his playing.

When Jon played Principal Bassoon here in Memphis, he and the Maestro had a disagreement. The Maestro told Jon that he would never get a job playing bassoon in another orchestra. Today, that Maestro is six feet under the ground, and Jon is knocking out around $250K/yr. honkin' in Cleveland. ' guess the Maestro got that one wrong.

********* ( more -> )

While I am braggin' on my friends, could I publically congratulate Jamie Box (coincidentally a C.I. graduate and also a former customer of mine as a high school student from a redneck suburb just north of Memphis)? Two months ago, he won his first job - Principal Trombone with the Montreal Symphony.

Follow Ups: