Re: Soundtracks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on December 04, 2000 at 15:39:16:

In Reply to: Soundtracks posted by Please help! on December 03, 2000 at 15:20:11:

For the record, it was Tommy *and* Jim. I was a student at USC when they recorded it, and remember talking to them about the session. I seem to remember Tommy saying something about Danny "conferring" with him on what could be played, etc. After the recording sessions were done, I think they even went back into the studio to do some overdubs. On one of the cues (I can't remember which one), it almost sounds like four tubas playing. It's a real fast downbeat/upbeat figure with the tubas in octaves, and that might have been overdubbed. This is definitely one of the great tuba scores of all time! Gotta love that pedal A in the intro...

Edward Scissorhands has some great playing in it too. Check out the "Cookie Factory", just in case you ever wondered why we practice those Rochut exercises down two octaves! The Frighteners also has some great playing in it.

I'm a bit of a score freak, and will post something here pretty soon for anyone who's interested about what CDs might be good to have in the collection...

Take care...

...Dave

Follow Ups: