Re: Re: Re: mouthpiece?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Trey on December 08, 2000 at 01:09:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: mouthpiece? posted by Kyle on December 04, 2000 at 03:31:58:

well, i don't know much about playing the tuba, accept that i love it. i've been playing for about 4 months now, maybe five, and i have a concert in 3 days (2 if you count that it's 12 right now)

my brother gave me a Bach(i think, it's late), i don't know the size offhand, but i tried the mouthpieces at the school, what selection there was, and none of them feel quite right. except for the spot where he dropped it on some concrete, i love it, plan to stick with it as long as i can. the only problem i have is tuning, it's a pain, rythym is a synch, section nine is boring, but still pretty easy. i've noticed that with the one of the school's mouth peices, i can play the higher notes more easily, but not the lower ones, or without any effort at least. with mine, it's pretty even, but i can't play anything about G as quietly as the band director wants and still actually make the note, could this be affected by the mouthpiece, or am i just really weird?

Follow Ups: