Re: Re: Re: Re: rudy 4/4 vs YCB-861

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on December 14, 2000 at 23:57:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: rudy 4/4 vs YCB-861 posted by Shimshon on December 14, 2000 at 11:10:49:

Congratulations on your new tuba! I hope it serves you as well as my Rudy has served me. An interesting horn. From the dimensions you gave, it sounds like a bell off of a 4/4 with a bore slightly smaller than the current 5/4. I was just having a discussion with Mike Russo at Brasswind today and we were discussing how you can really torque on the Rudy and it doesn't really break up like other tubas will. One of my students is (hopefully) going to buy one of the new piston 4/4 instruments and it really seemed like the best choice out there for her. Anyhow, I'm glad if anything I posted helped you out.

By the way, do you study in Israel? If so, do you know a tuba player and teacher by the name of Ariel Sasson? He is a long time friend of mine and one of his current students, Yuval Zolotov, is considering coming to America and studying with me (at FIU). If you have his email address (Ariel's) I would really appreciate it. It has been far too long since we spoke. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy the Rudy!

Follow Ups: