Re: rose parade

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on December 30, 2000 at 06:45:40:

In Reply to: rose parade posted by Evan on December 28, 2000 at 23:40:57:

I marched in the United Way band for the Rose Parade way back in 1987. The route was approximately 6 miles and we arrived before day-light. We marched with 3/4 Yamaha convertable tubas. 30 tubas all together. I not sure how many trumpets, t-bones, euph., and marching horns, but we were 400 marching all together.
We were fortunate enough to be able to wear white tennis shoes which they provided! If you aren't as lucky, I would recommend some kind of insert for cushining and heel pads for the back of your heel. Try to conserve as much as energy as possible before the parade. Getting set up and into position seemed to take forever. (Hurry up and wait!)
Eat a good breakfast and like someone said before, use the bathroom as late as possible before you start. It was also cold in the early morning. I don't know what time you are scheduled, but if it's around dawn, it will be cold. I felt bad for the Dutch representatives who did the whole parade in wooden cloggs! Have fun and watch out for horses bearing gifts!

Ken

Follow Ups: