Pittsburgh TubaChristmas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Kinsel on December 17, 2001 at 21:34:32:

I just participated in my very first TubaChristmas in Pittsburgh on December 15. What fun! I brought my new (to me) small Bohm&Meinl Bb Sousaphone and played my heart out with the rest of the tuba lovers! Thank-you to all who asked questions about my horn. I think it's kinda cool, also. Thank-you escpecially to the organizers and to Neal Tidwell for all the hard work putting this together.

A brief video of the Pittsburgh festivities is on http://briefcase.yahoo.com/saktoons Choose the "TubaChristmas" folder and click on the "RealServer 2BAXMASPGH2001" link. You will need RealPlayer to view it. (And I apologize for the low quality and shaky video. We're amateurs, you know...)(Oh yeah, I also apologize for misspelling Mr. Tidwell's name at the end. I'll fix that when I get the time.) I think we had around 60 players, but you may be able to count better than I when you look at the video.

Oh what fun it is to play in TubaChristmas. As Arnold says: "I'll be back!"

Steve
P.S. I'm the one in the blue shirt and red tie playing the small sousa.
P.P.S. I know Yahoo! limits bandwidth, so you may be shut out of the video for while if a lot of folks have viewed it.

Follow Ups: