Re: Re: Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James on December 17, 2001 at 21:56:02:

In Reply to: Re: Decisions...Decisions...Decisions... posted by or maybe... on December 17, 2001 at 19:00:33:

Sir,
While I can see how that can be interpreted, I have a good relationship with my director, I don't ask for a lot from him, I don't bug him constantly about the tuba, and after he made it clear to me that I couldent play it, I stopped asking to play it, I don't throw my weight around, and the main reason I started this post (though I got off track a bit) was to ask if playing in that band would benefit my playing, or if I should quit and find another ensemble. I am really sorry to have presented myself in the manner of a brattish, complaining idiot who runs around a band room tooting his own horn, and shouting how good he is. The music my band director has us play is interesting, and sometimes fun, but it never challenges me to the point of where I need to practice it. Unfortunately, my director "doesn't take requests" so the music we play is solely chosen by him. My concern is that if I quit, I'll get off the bandwagon (no pun intended) and loose some of my skill. I provided our upcoming trips to show some of my reasons for staying in band, not to brag. Thanks for your two cents though.

Sorry for Being Confusing,
James

Follow Ups: