Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dark rim around mouth still

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Troiano on December 26, 2001 at 11:13:44:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: dark rim around mouth still posted by Joe Baker on December 26, 2001 at 01:04:29:

I started feeling very run-down at around the same time that I turned 40. That could be traumatic in itself, but I began taking iron supplements. After many tests, it was determined that I had a hereditary condition know as hemochromatosis - iron overload disease. It is treatable, but non-curable and fatal, if not diagnosed and treated. Luckily for me, it was detected, and I will be treated for the rest of my hopefully long life! I recently turned 50, I look like I'm 40 and I feel fine, although, I am now low in iron. This is not something that I speak of often, but it is scary. I only mention it because, I too, get the dark ring around my mouth when I play. I never related it to being low in iron, but, as I now am, it's very possible that that is the reason why. I strongly caution anybody about taking iron supplements without a doctor's advice. Hemochromatosis (iron overload) basically rusts you out and can lead to all kinds of diseases. There are web pages and books about the subject. Check a search engine if you want more info. As for the ring around my mouth, I put the tuba down, lick the back of my hand, and rub it across my mouth. Ring gone!!!

Follow Ups: