Re: Re: Re: A better tuba?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 27, 2001 at 11:06:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: A better tuba? posted by Troy Harms on December 21, 2001 at 19:07:32:

My wording was wrong. I should have said, "A better tuba would be a tuba as good as the York conversions that David Fedderly has been selling recently, but that only cost $1500."

Meaning: The tubas that are being made today are wonderful, even when being made from heirloom parts. But they are too expensive. (Don't come down on me: I know why they are expensive, and I have even explained why on this forum. But nobody can deny that a tuba that today gets $12,000 that became available for $1500 would be a great tuba!)

David Fedderly has been selling a series of instruments converted by Rusk from old 6/4 BBb Yorks. Everyone I have played has been just wonderful. But they are usually sold before he ever has to resort to listing them on his web page. I played one just about a month ago at his store. I don't know where he finds them, or whether he will ever have another one, but I do know that you have to talk to him on the phone or in person to know about them.

Rick "who thinks we depend too much on web sites" Denney

Follow Ups: