Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: School or Work?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on December 28, 2001 at 22:56:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: School or Work? posted by David on December 28, 2001 at 20:25:31:

Sorry to have gotten the information "all wrong, again". The story, as told to me by my
teacher (and Warren's) was that he didn't take any of the non-music classes that are
required by Michigan for a music degree. Please notice the quotation marks around
freshman ("freshman") in my original post. They refer to the level of progression toward the degree, as determined by what year of college was actually completed. This was a running joke among students at UM. There were several who followed roughly the same path as Warren by taking only the music courses and we used to joke about the existence of 5th
and 6th year freshman students who had not completed even the first year of the degree.
Certainly I meant no offense by the remark, obviously Warren's results speak for
themselves. Also, it was my understanding that Warren won the job in Houston directly out
of college (UM). He was definitely a legend at the school when I arrived, which was very
soon after he left. Again, this is the story that was told to me by a reputable source. If
your assertions are accurate, thank you for clearing up my misconceptions.

Follow Ups: