Re: Re: Checked archives, still have gig bag Q'n

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on December 30, 2001 at 00:34:37:

In Reply to: Re: Checked archives, still have gig bag Q'n posted by js on December 29, 2001 at 23:21:08:

I use a top loader for my F (lighter horn) and a side loader for my CC (much heavier horn). Contrary to the thoughts of many on this site, I have used a gig bag (and don't refer to it as a dent bag!) for the past 26 years and would never use a case on a regular basis except to fly.

I spent a lot of money on an instrument(s) and take care that I don't run into people or things to cause dents.

While it is a bit quicker to load a top loader, age begins to take its toll, and the side loader is easier now. Having used both types I now can say that I like both styles. Perhaps not a good answer for you, but truthful none the less.

Since Reunion Blues is moving overseas we can only hope the new bags will match the quality of the ones currently in use. Altieri bags are very good (I have used one of them for the past 20 years.) but don't know whether Donna has a web site or not. Perhaps someone with a digital camera could take pictures of all the bags and post them on the site.

Follow Ups: