Re: Checked archives, still have gig bag Q'n

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on December 30, 2001 at 13:12:20:

In Reply to: Checked archives, still have gig bag Q'n posted by Steve Inman on December 29, 2001 at 22:24:01:

I would think a top loader could be a problem for a front action piston valved horn. I would think that they could catch on the bag and get bent while putting the horn in the bag unless you are very careful. With an upright valved horn obviously there wouldn't be much of a problem. I think a side loader would be better for a front piston valved horn. That said there is another thing to consider; A student of mine has a King 2341 and has a side loader Reunion Blues, but i notice that when he has it on his back the valves are against his back. This seems odd to me. I would think it would be better to have the valves sticking out away from you, not in against your back. The valves are being pushed in when her has the bag on his back.
I have a side loading RB bag for my Boosey and do not have any problems getting the horn in and out of the bag. It took awhile til I got an easy routine for it, but now it is automatic.
ken k

Follow Ups: