Re: Re: Re: Better tuba tuning

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on December 31, 2001 at 23:20:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Better tuba tuning posted by I see what you are saying...but... on December 31, 2001 at 22:54:41:

Around the same time Roland(?) issued a quite acclaimed synth harpsichord incorporating various tunings including a number of Werkmeister variants.

Consciously used, I think this would be acceptable within the after all limited harmonical horizon of the non-Bach Baroque sphere (studying Bach has not showed any of his harmonical limits to me so far).

But applying any of the outlined synth options to advanced-yet-tonal jazz with all of its tritone substitutions would need a continuous resetting hardly manageable simultaneously with actual music making.

Within strictly single line melodic playing my two MIDI keyboards have a quite common feature, that good keyboardist often are masters in the applying of: the pitch bender wheel. If it can be used to modify selected chord notes, I yet have to find out how.

My point is, that a lot of minor elements of the skills of the human brain can be synthesized/computerized. But when it comes to making the great picture exactly great, the skilled, talented, trained, and-what-so-ever human brain is unsurpassed.

At least for now.

Klaus

Follow Ups: