Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini-disc setups?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Acoustic Eefer on December 05, 2002 at 07:49:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mini-disc setups? posted by MG on December 05, 2002 at 00:30:15:

Instead consider a hard drive based MP3 Jukebox. I just got a Creative Labs (i.e. Sounndblaster) Nomad Jukebox for $99 after rebates (provided I remember to send them in): 10 Gigabite hard drive (16 hours or so of recording!); plays MP3's, but records to a .WAV file up with up to 48 kilohertz sampling rate (i.e. no perceptual coding and the resolution of a DAT); runs 4 or 5 hours on batteries that recharge in the unit; and best of all, it plugs into the USB port of a computer and moves files back and forth quickly and easily. But wait, there's more: you can even put a LOAD of MP3's on it a and use it like a super walkman and still have tons of room to record. Takes input from a 1/8" stereo jack (mini headphone type) but doesn't put voltage on the port to run a mic (you'll get better results from self-powered mics anyway). The only problem is there is no level meter -- but if you put on headphones clipping is readily apparent -- and level isn't a huge problem with a claimed 98db dynamic range. I bought the thing on a whim, but as you can tell, I'm rather happy with it! ;-)#

Follow Ups: