The 45 SLP Strikes Again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian on December 06, 2002 at 10:11:32:

So last night I get to the gig, a Rotary Club Chirstmas party. My pianist and I are there to do a few carols, jazz standards and show tunes while the rotars are having their meal. I arrive early to check out the room, warm up, and tune. After a few long tones and a couple of scales I whip out my trusty tuner and give myself a quick check. Once I had tuned with the tuner I thought that I might double check myself with the piano. I tried a couple of pitches but I couldn't get it right. It seemed that I was REALLY, REALLY sharp. So got out the tuner again to see if I was going crazy....perfectly in tune. I put the tuner on the piano and after several calibration changes I discovered that the piano was tuned to A=430! However, my 45SLP came through for me, I pulled the tuning slide all the way out, and attatched a piece of scotch tape from the slide up to one of the braces so that it wouldn't come out while I was playing. Then I eased out each of the other tuning slides a little and kept my hand on the 2nd valve trigger all night. We sounded great! Just another war story I thought I'd share.

Brian

Follow Ups: