Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TubaChristmas "elitists"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean on December 08, 2002 at 11:38:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TubaChristmas "elitists" posted by dp on December 08, 2002 at 10:34:17:

Dale,

Stick to the facts, please, and please dont make such assumptions. You somehow assume that because I play for fun, I have no standards. Not true. Please read what I write instead of making stuff up.

I NEVER SAID i "rationalize" or "justify" clowning around. I never said anything even similar to that. Having fun does not mean I am "clowning around" by any means. I NEVER SAID that "musicality is not a heavily weighted consideration." Nothing even similar to that.

You see, believe it or not, someone CAN enjoy themselves AND play musically with good taste. It is possible. In fact, I'd say ALL the best players do that very thing. They would not be great players if they didnt enjoy playing enough to have and meet such high standards. Dont twist my words into something I didnt even remotely say.

Now, are you trying to say that players at tubachristmas, regardless of playing ability, should try to play their best? I agree!! I think we should all try to play our best ALL the time. But, if you are saying that we should make limitations as to the level of player, and types of horn that are "allowed" to attend TubaChristmas, then you are totalyl wrong, and are missing the point of TubaChristmas, and Christmas in general. It is about gathering, enjoying ourselves, and making some holiday cheer... Thats all I need!

I truly dont understand your irrelevant comments. Seems like you are trying to prove a point that has no place in this thread. Maybe you should read it before responding this time.

Follow Ups: