Re: Re: Re: HELP!!NEED INFO ON WISDOM TEETH

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick Martin on December 09, 2002 at 15:15:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: HELP!!NEED INFO ON WISDOM TEETH posted by Ryan on December 09, 2002 at 14:35:43:

Definitely, ask for a referral to a military oral surgeon, and ask what kind of anesthesia they will use. I know that the military tries to cut costs. When I was in the Marine Corps from 84-88, several of my friends who had the procedure done told me that the Navy dentists put a blindfold around their eyes and only gave them novacane. The dentists told them the reason for the blindfold was so that way they couldn't see all of the bloody mess. Most of the dentists in the military are new grads and are getting experience on the military personnel.

I had mine taken out by an oral surgeon in 9th grade. I was given general anesthesia in the office and put to sleep. I was told not to play the tuba and didn't for around 3 weeks. I had no problems afterwards. It does cost more to go one and have general anesthesia. I think that you should check with some civilian oral surgeons about getting it done.

Follow Ups: